Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Just a regular morning...





My mornings usually involve discipline, poopy diapers, and sometimes blood and injuries. Doesn't that sound dramatic?


This morning poor Lukey wiped out while running across the house and came running to me with a bloody lip and lots of tears. Theres not a lot you can do for a poor tiny person who just hit the hard floor with his face. But once I knew it was just the top of his lip and not teeth out of place or something serious, I just let him cuddle into my shoulder. Holding him tight and telling him it'll feel better soon. 


Sometimes I wanna hold him a little tighter, knowing that someday I won't be able to make all his problems better. But when I hold him today I know I'm showing him how comfort feels  so that when things seem insurmountable he may remember that comfort is possible. 


What seems like my morning chores and cleanups really have long reaching gifts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...