Thursday, December 8, 2011

Seven Quick Takes vol 11.






{one}

I hope I'm not the only one who likes to evaluate what I got done all week come Friday. I like picturing myself being at least semi-productive on a regular basis, but this week I'm having a hard time coming up with much. It seems I've reached that point where "being pregnant" is all I do. I mean its not really all I do, I've still managed to feed, clothe, wash and entertain 3 kids, make dinner every night, stay on top of the dreaded laundry, and pull out some Christmas decorations, but other than that I'm reaching. Being 8 months preggo does this to a person I guess.


{two}




Umm, could this be the greatest office Christmas party ever? The peeps at Martha Stewart have a craft sale and cookie swap that looks to die for. I admit its a little geeky-but its Martha Stewart's employees so EVERYTHING IS AMAZING. 


{three}



I just finished Clara and Mr. Tiffany by Susan Vreeland. It was a nice book that didn't really thrill me for some reason. I liked the characters, but didn't love them. The historic context was interesting, and the detailed description of the craft of creating Tiffany lamps was diverting and well done. It was well written, and certainly a decent story to read. I guess it just didn't make my top ten list. The parts I enjoyed most were the descriptions of turn of the century New York City, it must have been dreamy!

{four}

yeah, it was him.

I had a babe with a mysterious random rash this week. It was there one day, I slathered it with coconut oil, and it was gone the next! I don't know if the coconut oil had anything to do with it, but I'm glad I didn't worry about it. Knowing him, I'm pretty sure he ate something funky. I don't even want to know.

{five}


So I have a love/hate relationship with birth stories. 
I love hearing my friends stories of course, but reading them can go either way for me. 
Part of me likes knowing that women feel the same things I do in labor, they don't think they'll make it through, but they do and its joyous.
And then sometimes women are completely unbelievable, feel no pain because of their positive attitudes, and have a baby in less than an hour. Those are the ones I have trouble with. 
I don't think I could write any of my birth stories. They usually involve days of labour, every conceivable emotion, and an approach that is anything but brave which usually ends in loopy ramblings that my husband later says he has to try not to laugh at. In other words, its complete chaos. But I'm trying to embrace it and just roll with it, that way my baby will be used to it by the time it arrives!

{six}


The kids are getting so excited for Christmas-its so much fun! Everyday they ask about it, pray for Christmas, and love their Advent calendars and each little decoration we put up. St. Nicholas came this week as well which was a thrill. But then the following morning they wondered why St. Nicholas didn't put more chocolate in their boots.

{seven}


I'm going to attempt to get some Christmas baking done today. We've got a Church party tomorrow, and want to go out and chop down our Christmas tree, so we definitely need some cookies around here. The greatness about living in the middle of northern nowhere is that you don't even have to drive 5 minutes before finding a perfect, free, tree to cut down for Christmas. Its a nice perk. Have a good weekend everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...