Friday, March 23, 2012

Fifth Friday of Lent


"My being born is not a mistake, then, but a grace. It is good to live even though I do not always perceive it. I am wanted; not a child of chance or necessity, but of choice and freedom. Therefore I shall also have a purpose in life; there will always be a meaning for me, a task designed just for me, there is a conception of me that I can seek and find and fulfill. When the school of life becomes unbearably hard, when I would like to cry out as Job did, as the psalmist did - then I can transform this cry into the word "Father" and the cry will gradually become a word, a reminder to trust, because from the Father's perspective it is clear that my distress, yes, my agony, is part of the greater love for which I give thanks."

-Pope Benedict XVI


side note: I've been posting my Friday's of Lent one week behind and I just noticed today! Yikes! So I went I corrected my lent-ignorance.



1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love this quote. Must remember this to share.
    Lent always seems to go faster than I can grasp. Been trying to hit up stations on fridays as a good bookmarker.
    Hope you had a good weekend Cristy!

    ReplyDelete

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...