Thursday, February 28, 2013

{pretty, happy, funny, real}



Just linking up with Like Mother, Like Daughter today with some random captures.

pretty


I love tulips. Love. Looovee.

If I could I'd have them in my house every day of the year. So this being the beginning of cheap grocery store tulip season, I should be throwing a small party or something. Fresh flowers are never a regretful buy!

Bonus-my coffee grinder, you're welcome.

happy


I'm not sure if this should qualify in my "happy" category because I'm only a little past halfway done my little baby's baby blanket and I've been working on it since November. So chances are good this baby is going to be born way before I finish. I tried to go with a gender neutral colour, but it looks more turquoise in reality. I think the pattern is quite pretty and the yarn is beautifully soft, but it is a deceptively time consuming pattern! I putter away at it while sitting with the hubby at night while he watches hockey. He complains I'm not giving him undivided attention, I complain about watching too much hockey, it really brings out the romance.

funny


I caught Max mid belly laugh the other night. I love that baby belly laugh where they seem to laugh with their whole body. He was finding some sound absolutely hilarious. He's adorable. Its hard to get mad at him when he has a face like this, even though he seems to work full time as a "screech owl". 

I'm linking this with Cari because this most definitely looks like happiness and joy to me! 

real


Still can't really talk about this. 
I'm feeling lonely and sad. While watching the coverage this morning I just wondered what Pope Benedict must be thinking. Is it relief? Or is it extreme trust to leave something so big, so immense? I don't think we'll understand the gravity and importance of what he is doing for a long time. And at the same time I'm sure the fruits of his sacrifice and prayer will be huge. God works in amazing ways.

We're heading to Mass here at noon which will be 8:00 pm Roma time. I think it'll be the best thing to be doing at such an important time. Praying for the Holy Father, for our Church, for our future Pope! 






5 comments:

  1. That is always our challenge, to get that baby laugh pic that really looks exactly like his laugh! So sweet.

    We are praying here too, and sad here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such beautiful pictures... first of all, I love, love tulips as well. It makes me so hopeful for spring ;) Second, it's been a somber day over here as well. Tearing up all morning...but trusting. That's all there is to do!

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That blanket is gorgeous. I so admire people who can make beautiful and useful things with their hands.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, love the tulips. It feels like spring here (temps in the high 30s) but still lots of snow on the ground. And we know spring really won't be here for another couple months! Thanks for the breath of fresh air. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tulips are some of my favorites, too. Even my kids know it, so it must be true.

    Happy happy boy! How did you get that shot not to be blurry?! I can never do that.

    ReplyDelete

Imagine we're having a coffee together and let me know what you think --
I love comments almost as much as coffee!

(And please check to make sure your email address is connected to your profile, I'd love to email you a reply.)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...